Vision: We have a vision where new arrivals are respected, empowered, have choices and equal opportunities.
Mission: SDS was established to safeguard the well-being and human dignity of Somali people and other new arrivals in Leicester city through researches, education, advocacy, information, empowerment and support.
- SDS’s values provide a framework within which it operates. SDS is a democratic organisation with a flat hierarchy that encourages participation from all its members.
- SDS is a non-political, non-religious and non-profit organisation*. It is free from discrimination on any basis.
- The organisation is committed to understanding and to be responsive to the specific needs of the community by being:
- Achievement & outcome oriented
- Respectable and respecting others
- Behaving with integrity
- Honest and open
Overall aims of SDS:
- Improve quality of life of Somali community and other local disadvantaged people by providing culturally sensitive services and support social cohesion.
- Achieve economic and social inclusion for disadvantaged people.